Money Saving Facts about your Water Heater:
1. About 25% of the energy you use in your home is for heating your water. Since such a large portion of your energy usage is from your water heater, it is important to select a heater that is energy efficient.
2. Most of your water usage comes from taking baths and doing laundry. With an energy efficient water heater, you can worry less about the cost of every bath and load of laundry.
3. The typical tank water heater will last about 10 to 13 years. Tank heaters are normally more affordable than tankless heaters.
4. Tankless water heaters last about 18 to 20 years. One of the biggest myths surrounding tankless water heaters is the assumption of instant hot water. Tankless water heaters are not able to give you instant hot water when you turn on the faucet, but they do give you an endless stream of hot water once it reaches the point of use.
5. Want instant hot water? There is a quick fix. Simply talk to your plumber about installing a hot water circulation system instead.
The more you know the more you save!